About This Creation

My photo
Let this be said of me: [That] I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Song to the Living, A Song from the Dead



Nothingness is an incessant thought
It grows in my head and makes my heart rough
It sleeps with my doubt until I get caught
Thinking I cannot live or die soon enough

Do I trust in the promise of eternal life
Or do I put my hope in the impending death?
My faith now under the maker's knife
Or maybe all this is just all in my head

Awake, O Sleeper! Where am I to be found?
Is it eternal bliss or just left in the ground
Awake, O Dreamer! When I wake from my dream?
Is it rotting of flesh or a heavenly sound

When we die, are we just food for the worm
Or are we bound for heavens' coming return?
When I die, I hope I don't remain dead
Because a king once died and for me he bled

Because a king died and from me he bled
But my dead king rose and to me he said,
"Because I have died and for you I bled,
Now partake of me I the wine and the bread!"

No comments:

Post a Comment